Friday 11 September 2020

Test Block in Red

Last post I mentioned this quilt: Dreaming in Dutch. 

Well, I actually did dreamed about it so much so that I had to give it a try. 

You need to be very organized to know which red to cut and which way to cut it too.  


Manage half but ... 


what's a sewing session without a blooper? I need to stay focus on this block. 
Cut more fabric, sew flip-a-corner style, and ... 

 Ah! much better. 


What do you think? Is it a good contender for RSC2021? 
a mirrored tulip

The block is 12.5 unfinished. I wouldn't make a big quilt like in the magazine. I would do a 4 X 6 layout, so 3 of each colour. We'll see if I keep it. There's still a long way to 2021, and there's always a gazillion of inspirations out there. 



Personally: The results of the biopsies are negative. I do not suffer from an infection of the artery's tissues. Yay! The headaches are gone for now, well, except the one induced by the surgeries. It's healing well, so all is good in the end. What happens if the headaches return? A neck/shoulder massage is the doctor's recommendation. Oh, I can live with that! lol. 

Meanwhile ... today (Friday) is a beautiful day with NO rain in the forecast. I'm setting up my sewing machine outside. More pictures to show next time. 

Have a great one. 

;^) 

Joining 
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts



20 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a neat block, Chantal! It took me awhile to see that it makes a flower, so I can see why it requires concentration to keep all the pieces in the right place. That would definitely be fun in rainbow colors! So glad you have had some good news from your tests!

Libby in TN said...

I finally see the tulips! Glad your tests were negative and hopeful a good massage is all you will need.

CecileD said...

J’aime beaucoup ton bloc Chantal !!
Je suis heureuse d’apprendre que tu n’as rien de grave ! Quel soulagement cela a dû être pour toi et ta famille !!
Prends bien soin de toi ! Gros bisous 😘

gayle said...

Wonderful block! I'm looking forward to seeing it worked in other colors, too.
Glad you got good health news! 2020 has been way too much of an adventure!

Fiona said...

I sent an eamil but it has been answered here... so glad your headaches are not by that infection..... but I think I have the answer.. it's that crazy block giving you the headache?????? haha... it's amazing but I think my head wouldn't cope.... I only saw the tulip shape in the pattern after you had made it... so effective and perfect for your skills...
Hugz

Karen's Korner said...

Good luck with Dreaming in Dutch...it looks like one to concentrate on at all times. Enjoy your outside sewing day.

Quilting Babcia said...

It's a great block but would definitely give me headaches trying to keep everything straight. So good to read that your tests turned out well, and I hope the residual headaches end soon.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Very cool quilt and a lovely test block. Glad to hear the test results, Chantal!

kiwikid said...

Great news about your tests. I think that block would do my head in!

Barb said...

Good news on the headaches and I hope they don't return!
The block looks like a piecing challenge! great work

Deb A said...

A tulip! It took me a little to see it but once you pointed it out - perfect project for RSC21! So glad the test results came back negative and the headaches are going away. A massage to help relax is always a great prescription! Jealous of you being able to set up outside to sew. Enjoy your day.

Kat Scribner said...

Every time I come to your page, I am in awe of the 365 day quilt in the header. Just totally outstanding !!! The colors are perfect too.

MissPat said...

Hurray for the good news on the tests. But what a bother. Hope the headaches stay away now. Not sure I can concentrate enough any more to do something like the Dreaming dutch block, but I think making the blocks in rainbow colors would make them stand out better.
Pat

grammajudyb said...

So glad those biopsies were negative. Fingers crossed for a headache free remainder of the year! That is a block that I would definitely mess up! See my post about the striped easy breezy block! Ack!im forever having to backtrack or redo! *sigh*

Cathy said...

So glad the biopsies were negative and the headaches have abated. I didn’t even see the mirrored tulips in the magazine picture of the quilt. Just thought it was a geometric. Once I saw your finished block, the brain kicked in (heck, talk about infected brains...) I love your block but the quilt would make me crazy(er).

Jenny said...

Oh, you are making tulips! It took me a while to see them.
Great news on your results, that will be a real pick me up for you.

Sarah Aldrich said...

Hooray for negative biopsies! I love this block! It would be a great rainbow quilt.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Yay! I'm so glad you got good news on your health! I love the tulip block, and it's perfect for the RSC. It will be fun to see it in more colors.

Susie H said...

I think Dreaming Dutch would make a really cool RSC 2021 project. Good for you to be able to sew outdoors and actually do it. Have fun!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Happy to hear the good news! I didn't notice the blocks made a tulip in the book photo. Then I saw your block...very interesting! Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!