Saturday 8 May 2021

Red . . . and black or More Triangles!

From last week's post, all the red and black HSTs got trimmed! Most are 1.75 inches unfinished and some were trimmed at 1.5 inches. 


I did press them outside last Saturday as it was so nice. 

Clothespins to hold the little pieces down. I even got my cat to go outside. Like every child in this world, he didn't want to come back in after. 😼😸


But I digress. 


Now what to do with these?  Sorry for the dark photo. It's raining again here. 
So many possibilities; pinwheel, broken dish, shoo fly ... 



Then this happened. 


YES! My very own SuperNova Star. Yay me! 

It's not exactly the way I imagined my Super Nova Star. The fabrics make it very busy if you ask me, but the triangles were already cut ... so ... you know. 
Now, on to quilting it. With black thread, I think. What do you think? Red? 




I did finish some masks for my sister. I am delivering them this morning to her. We are meeting in a parking lot (at Tim Horton, of course) because we are still in lockdown. Sigh! 

I got 2 big bags of scraps this week. Soooo much fun going through these. Lots of beautiful flannel too.


I know. I owe you some tulip blocks. I haven't done the blue ones from April and you are patiently (I hope so anyway) for some tulip photos. But what else do I talk about these days besides triangles? Oh, that's right, there's my cat too! Haha! 



So here's a green tulip. 

and the sidekicks. 
The three green tulips are now made. On to the next colour. 


This is the red tulip I did last year. The one that started it all. 

It was a busy week with the SuperNova Star block, but this weekend, I should be able to sew some tulip blocks. I am scheduled for volunteer work next Saturday, and then again on the 29th. Hopefully, I'll be able to sew during the week. Maybe? A little bit?  

Take care. 

;^)

Joining
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts














15 comments:

Kathy S. said...

The tulips are fabulous! Wow, those HST's are tiny. Way to save them.

Maggie said...

Tulips are blooming. Yes the cats once they get outside and discover the snow is gone, the birds and chipmunks are back outside. Then it is playtime. The stay at home order and lockdown is having a positive effect on the scraps, another top done. Next week we can register to get our vaccines, happy about that. The sooner everyone is vaccinated the sooner we can get back to normal? Thank you for sharing all your projects.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your Supernova Star! That is a fun use of your tiny triangles. And I think your garden of tulip blocks has probably really grown since the first red one appeared. Looking forward to seeing them al!

grammajudyb said...

Those triangles are so tiny! I have a way in the future triangle project in my head...we’ll see where it goes!
I’m feeling blessed and hesitant! No mask wearing here much, school has been in session all year, most of the people who want to be vaccinated are. It’s nearly normal!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your very own small Supernova?! AWESOME, Chantal!! Red or black thread would depend on the shades of red available and the quilting plan. What size did your little quilt end up?

Ivani said...

Love supernova star, lot of tiny hts there. This is amazing!
Have fun, playing with those 2 blags of scraps.

Marly said...

I like your tulips; they're going to make a nice spring quilt. Your Supernova is quite remarkable: all those tiny triangles! I made some tiny HSTs yesterday - even smaller - they measure 3.7 cm, probably about 3cm in a quilt! Of course they were bonus triangles from snowball corners, all 64 of them. It's a pity they're PINK!

Fiona said...

love your red black and white star.... great use of those pieces.... ooh lovely bags of more scraps.. that will keep you out of trouble.... lockdown is going on and on for you.....
Hugz

MissPat said...

I've been making some tiny HSTs with cutoff triangles, too. Lots of weird sizes and no idea how I'll use them, but it seems better than throwing the triangles in a box (I have lots of those, too). Hope you find time to squeeze in some sewing.
Pat

Lin said...

Well I love your Supernova- how big is it? Have fun with the quilting whichever colour you choose. xx

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Supernova looks great and love your tulip. happy quilting.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Supernova est magnifique, bel assemblage des petits triangles ! J'aime aussi les HST pour ça, ils peuvent faire tant de jolis motifs différents. Entre rouge et noir mon coeur balance pour le quilting, je dirais rouge ?
Ne perds pas ton chat ;)

gayle said...

Wow! That supernova is a stunner! Tiny triangles are just full of fun, aren't they?
Love those tulips! Your quilt is going to be amazing!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

You made a ton of progress this week on a number of projects. Thanks for linking all your scrappy goodness up with Oh Scrap!

Helen said...

Love supernova very clever using up those small blocks. Lovely tulip block.