Saturday 15 May 2021

A Finish In Sight

Really! I am not kidding you.

I am so close ... it's making me mad! I had the fabric for the binding of Smile. I thought to myself: "I'll put it here, so I don't use it for something else."  Do I remember where "HERE" is? Of course not!! I'm angry at myself. If I had left it where it was in the first place, the binding would be done by now! I would have a REAL finish to show you. 



All I can find now are little remnants, not enough to make a binding 218 inches long. Sigh!! 

Here's a picture of an ALMOST finished quilt. It's the best I can do at the moment. 

Even if it didn't say "Happy New Millennium", you'd know it's an old fabric. I mean, no young girl these days would be caught in a coming-out-of-a-surprise-cake pose! and where are the cellphones??? 
The last border is quilted in black and while I had the black quilting thread on the machine, I quilted this mini one. 

This one has the binding attached!!
 Yay me! So, on Sunday, I will join Kathy for Slow Sunday Stitching. What a pleasure it will be to finally finish something ... no matter how small it is! It's 13 inches square, just big enough not to be mistaken for a mug rug. :^D 

Got a little bit of time for sewing in the evenings. I manage to do the tulip blocks in red. 

The other little Shoo-fly blocks are by the sewing machine as I did that block this morning before the boys wake up and didn't have time to finish it all. 



All three red tulip blocks are done. One dark, one firetruck red, and one orange-y red. Once the blue blocks are finished, I'll take a picture of all the blocks together. That should be fun!! 
So, I believe that's all I have for you for now. 


Friday night (well here in Canada, it was Friday night), I was very sad and angry! I don't know if you were aware but Blogger was hacked and there were no blogs to be seen. Not ONE!! It made me realized to what extend I love being with you and reading about what you do. I was thrilled this morning when I saw that everything was right again. 🌞 You are very important to me. Wishing you all a wonderful day and may it overflows with goodness. 

;^)


Joining 
Angela at SoScrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts




20 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Oh, toi aussi tu "égares" momentanément du tissu? ;)) Ce morceau soigneusement mis de côté réapparaîtra bien un jour !
Bravo pour toute cette avancée, les tulipes sont magnifiques.
Je n'ai rien remarqué pour Blogger, ça devait être pendant la nuit française. Bises !

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I saw that weird thing on Blogger last night, too! I'm glad it went away! You're so close on Smile - hope you find that binding. Your little HST mini is going to be a fun finish, too!

Ivani said...

This happens to me always. Where it is? Where I had put it? OMG hope you remember where that darn binding is.
Those little shoofly are really cute.

swooze said...

I wasn’t where the blogger was hacked but I did see the weird activity. I’m glad it is back to normal now.

Your quilt turned out really cute. I had to make myself a binding door to keep my bindings from being wayward. I’m sure you’ll find it when you least expect it. Lost things at my house usually lead to cleaning and decluttering and thank goodness I’m not missing anything right now.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Those tiny shoofly blocks are so precious! Congratulations on your finish and your almost-finish! I'm sure you'll find the binding when you're not looking for it anymore (at least, that's what happens at my house!).

Quilting Babcia said...

Your almost finished quilt is wonderful, hope you found that binding today, or at least before you cut another one. That blogger glitch was a bit scary, I couldn't even get to my own blog last night, and wondering what I had done wrong - ha.

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG I've done that before..... Misplaced fabric before...... Nice projects you've been working on...... I've a pattern for a tulip quilt I'm hoping to start soon but it's a little different to yours......I sure would miss my blog friends if they disappeared.....

kiwikid said...

I hope that fabric turns up for you, nothing more frustrating. I wondered what happened to blogger the other day, so happy all is back to normal now.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Ugh! That SAFE spot is SEW hard to find once items have been placed there. :o((
It looks like you had a lot of fun with your RED scraps, Chantal. LOVE those small Shoo Fly blocks!!

Lin said...

Oh how annoying! It will turn up when you are not looking for it lol. Good to have that red and blavk mini finished thoug. Lovely red tulips - it will be good to see all you have made so far. I had no idea there was a problem with Blogger but seem to be reading about it everywhere this morning! xx

Kim said...

Any finish is a finish. =) You have some lovely pretties on the go. Love those tulips. I too noticed that we couldn't read any blogs; thankfully it is all fixed now. I hope you find that binding; how annoying.

Claire Alexander said...

Ah the mystery of what was my logic when I put it away and why is it so different from my logic now. Good luck.

MissPat said...

We were away for the weekend so I was blissfully unaware of the blogger problem and happy it has been resolved without losing anyone's posts. I hate when I can't find something I know I have. Of course, I sometimes do the reverse and forget I bought a backing fabric, use a different one, and then find the original. Maybe what we all need is a container or shelf labelled "safe place"!
Pat

Maggie said...

You will find the fabric, when you stop to look for it. It happens every time. Beautiful projects and the blocks in red is looking great.

Astrid said...

When I tried to log in to blogger, all I got was a red alert page! Ah, so that it was. I'm sure you will find that fabric when you are looking for something else, or did it show up since you posted? Your small quilt is cute and so are the tulip blocks.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

OH how sweet. I just love Smile. I bet you will find the binding when you least expect it. Lol I do this all the time. Your tulip blocks are amazing.

Fiona said...

haha.. that is so annoying that it is a bit funny!!! hope you find your binding... it is in that safe place..... lovely red blocks...
Hugz

gayle said...

Oh, that sounds familiar - I've lost so many things by putting them in a "safe place" and then forgetting where the safe place was... MissPat has the right idea - to label a spot "safe place" so at least we know where we put it!
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you find your binding and get to go on to the finish!

Ruth said...

I have been very neglectful of Blogger this month. I finally posted a short post. Your black and red HSTs block is awesome!

Sharon Kwilter said...

That's a cute way to use a border print.