Saturday 1 May 2021

The Red is Marching In

So much wonderful news is coming from Mars, the red planet. My boys are following the helicopter's "voyages" interestedly. 

Me, I grabbed a bag of red and black triangles (again) and sew up a bunch of HSTs (again). The bag has been waiting for Angela to call its name. It's very happy to be in action. 


It came to me in a gifted bag. I wish I could see the quilt it came from. 

I don't know how many HSTs I can make from this bag; maybe 300? More? Less? 
We'll see. 


I have one hundred sewn already and some are even trimmed. Gosh, I am so productive tonight (Friday evening). 


I thought there were two red fabrics with one black but the back of the blocks tell another story. Both black fabrics sport wind instruments and one has musical notes added. 

Wonder what will become of these? 



Some of you already know that my computer died and I lost a lot of files, photos and so on. Do NOT save your documents on your desktop. Let it be a lesson, please. I lost my dear Excel file where everything quilting was recorded. Thank goodness that I talked about my personal RS Challenge in a previous post and published it. I went back to it and I now know that my personal challenge for Red is: 

by Judy Martin

This photo comes from Pinterest as I am not very far along with my quilt. Hopefully, more blocks will be made in May.  By the way, mine is red! And black. You can see it here. 

Have a great one! 
;^)

P.S. The suspense was killing me, lol. This morning (Saturday) I just had to sew the rest of the triangles. The bag is empty and I have . . . 
215 HSTs

It is a nice morning, so I might just bring my ironing board outside and get these press. ;^) 

Joining 
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts



12 comments:

Marly said...

Such a lot of red & black HSTs. I'm interested to see how you take them further.

Ivani said...

Lots of red and black HSTs to play with, Chantal, have fun.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, the suspense, Chantal!!! Whatever will you make? I'm sure it will be ravishing in RED!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Oh, plein de jolis HST rouges et noirs, et ces tissus sont fabuleux ! J'adore le thème musical du noir. Rien ne peut être récupéré de ton ordinateur ?
Merci pour le lien vers ma link party ;)

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

I'm so sorry about your files, thanks for the warning about desktop storage. Love all your red and black hsts!

swooze said...

Sorry about your files loss. I have poor luck with backups. Hope you find a solution.

Astrid said...

Have fun with all those HST's. Can't wait to see what you're going to make.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You are on a roll with HSTs these days, Chantal! I just rescued some from the trash bin myself. Who knows what they will turn into?!

Fiona said...

well done with all the red HST's..... maybe I will get motivated to use some of mine???
Hugz

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Those sure are some fabulous red scraps to be working with. Your HST look great. Happy quilting.

Lin said...

I pulled all my red scraps yesterday but that is as far as it has gone. Those triangles are looking great - interesting fabrics. xx

For the love of geese said...

Love the colors. I keep individual files for my patterns on thumbdrives as well as an external hard drive. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.