Friday 28 May 2021

My Red May

Even though I got this project out on the 17th of the month, I managed to do 21 more units. I'm happy but I can't stop. I caught the bug of sewing little pieces again and I just want to continue. 


I need 192 units (I think) 96 of block A and 96 of block B. Only 160 units missing. I'm almost done. LOL!


Although they are their own leader-ender most of the time, I did assemble some HSTs too. (For the rest of my life.) They are parts of the HSTs Quilt #2. 



I also tried to work a little bit on HSTs Quilt #1. Not done, but progress is good. 

Then, I took a break and spent some time on the Internet. I went to bed and ... this block kept running around in circles in my mind. I didn't pay much attention when I first saw it. I mean it was a nice quilt but not particularly an I-need-to-make-this-now. 




It obviously had another thought for me as it kept coming back. It's nagging me. 




I don't really recall it ... well not clearly. I remember the 5 whites squares, like a nine-patch and bigger squares ... but the image is not clear. 




Of course, I can't remember WHERE I saw this quilt or block. Pinterest? Blogger? If you know, please tell me so I can have a look at it again. 




If you know the name of the block, I would appreciate that information too. Thanks. 




Meanwhile, I'm playing with  ... 




Nope 

Nope

Getting warmer ... 



... but something is wrong. Will I ever get it right? What if I try ... 


I've signed up for some volunteering work again. It really cuts on my sewing time but it is so good for the soul. 

There are still a few more days left in May. I can probably get some more Shoreline blocks done. 

Enjoy! 
;^)



15 comments:

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

I saw the picture in the Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop linky party. I just had to click through. I had black/white/red on the mind because of the release of Cruella this weekend. Silly, I know. But that's just the way my Disney mind works. I love the way you've laid out the design. I can't wait to see the top all assembled. Have a magical day! -Andrea

Quilting Babcia said...

I can't help you re-find your mystery block though I know the feeling, seeing something that strikes a chord and then never seeing it again. Sigh. Have a great weekend and I hope your mystery will solve itself soon.

Chookyblue...... said...

loving the effect of the top blocks........I'm sure you will have the rest done very quickly......can't wait to see it come together.....

The Joyful Quilter said...

What IS that RED and black quilt, Chantal?!?! I think I'm in love!!!

swooze said...

You made me lol. Only 160 to go! You have some really great projects going. Look forward to watching your progress.

Jane said...

Can you look at your History to see where you went on the internet? Maybe that can lead you back.
Love the top blocks
Jane

MissPat said...

It is frustrating to get a block in your head and not be able to find it again. Been there. I'm intrigued by the layout in the first photo and will be interested in seeing it progress. I'm trying avoid more blocks with little pieces since I never seem to actually get them finished and I certainly don't need to start another project until I finish a few.
Pat

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You are playing with a lot of fun blocks. I hope that you find the photo of the block that you were interested in soon. Happy quilting.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The black and red project is just amazing, Chantal! Keep going! I like those HST pinwheel blocks, too. I wish I could help you with the block you're dreaming about, but it looks like you're getting closer all on your own!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Tes blocs rouges et noirs sont super beaux, allez courage, plus que 160 ;D Désolée pour ce bloc dont tu ne te rappelles pas bien, ça m'arrive aussi (souvent) et je passe des heures à le rechercher... des fois ça fonctionne et je le retrouve. J'espère que ça fonctionnera pour toi aussi !

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

I am absolutely AMAZED by your black and red blocks! Did you design this pattern? It is wonderful! And I love what you're doing with the HSTs.

gayle said...

It does my heart good to see you playing with all those itty bitty pieces! You've got a lot of pretty in progress!
Can't help on the mystery block, sorry. I use Pinterest with wild abandon because I've been in the same boat!

Ivani said...

The black and red project is amazing.
And Progress is always good Chantal.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

The black and red project is gorgeous as for the block you can't clearly recall. . . I hope it comes back to you. Then, please let us know if what you remembered really was there!

Marly said...

I love your black and red piece at the top. Really stunning!
Have you found the source of your mystery block. It reminds me of something Kaya (Sew Slowly) was making about this time two years ago, and Cathy (Sane, Crazy, Crumby Quilting) too. Cathy called it Stone Masons' puzzle. They are not exactly the same as you've mocked-up. Yours reminds me of a divided 9-patch with insert. Good luck searching.