Friday 11 June 2021

Finally! A Friday Finish


It's been such a long, long time since I've finished something quilty, 


and then, 




POW! 



I got three!

I finished my little SuperNova. Super proud of that one! But it's really not big. 13 inches square. 



I finished the Curve Challenge hosted by Cécile and Corinne. Thank you, ladies, for this fun challenge. 
Overjoy with this one. 




AAAnnnnndd, I finished ...

S M I L E

Ecstatic over this one. 

It wasn't easy. I found the fabric for the binding and I barely had enough. Phew! But I couldn't sew it on because my quilting on the last border was horrible! 
This fold was pretty deep, enough that I didn't even come close to the backing fabric when cutting the edges off. It involved removing the quilting in the center of the quilt, not just the last border. 

Atrocious! 
This ridge is like Mount Everest compared to the other bumps. Again, missing backing fabric after cutting the edges. Sigh! 

Unpicking for a few evenings and re-quilting for a few more evenings got the job done nicely this time. 

I had run out of pink thread when I did the pink block. So I finished that too ... only to have it unpicked too. Bigger sigh! 
Everything that could go wrong with a quilt happened with this one. In the end, I still get to have a wonderful quilt. 

Smile has the seal of approval from our black monster. 

One more just for the heck of it. 

I still have many threads ends to burrow. 

The label is ready for Slow Sunday Stitching with Kathy. Come and join us. 



I'll leave you with some purple. 





I wish they lasted longer. 

;^)

Joining friends 

Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework
Kathy at Kathy's Quilts
Denise at For the Love of Geese
Pat at Life in a Scrapatch









10 comments:

kiwikid said...

Wel, done on your finishes, even if the last one was challenging! You have a beautiful quilt. Your iris flowers are beautiful.

swooze said...

Wow everything looks great. Really adore the bottom and threads Quilt too.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super cool small Supernova, Chantal, and congrats on finishing up your M & M quilt, too!!!

Lin said...

What a beautiful Iris. All that unpicking! You have great staying power. Good that it is all finished now thoug. xx

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Beautiful quilts and love how cheerful and colorful they are. Oh and those irises- gorgeous. Happy quilting.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So exciting to see Smile finished, although I'm sorry it caused you trouble! Hopefully it will be a distant memory soon. Your mini supernova is also wonderful!

Fiona said...

your quilt is gorgeous... worth fixing up those bits even though it is so frustrating...
Hugz

Astrid said...

Sorry about all the trouble with Smile. Now it's done and you have a fabulous quilt! Love the Super Nova and Curve Challenge too. Beautiful irises.

gayle said...

That Smile has really pulled every trick in the book on you, hasn't it? Hooray for you for standing up to it! What a beautiful finish!

Kim said...

Gorgeous quilty finishes! SMILE sounds as if it presented you many frustrations, but oh, how wonderful it looks. Your black monster is sweet.