Saturday 14 May 2022

And It's Only May!

I feel like everything is moving forward but me. 

I manage just a little bit of sewing last weekend. I can't seem to sit down at the sewing machine during the week evenings.

Jericho Wall "Olive Green" is the only block made so far, with a little 9-Patch as leader-ender. 


No progress on any of my personal Rainbow UFO Challenges. Sigh!
MIL Table Topper
My MIL decided to sell her camper and everything with it. She said she's having too much fun where she is now and the A/C is free, haha. We're stuck in a heatwave and it's only MAY! We aren't used to the heat yet and it got cranked up to the 33C. Even the nights aren't cool. Anywho! I'm happy for her but selling her camper means she has no use for the table topper I was working on. I know I should have given it to her a long, long time ago but ... Oh well. Now I don't feel like working on it anymore. Again!



All the tulips are quilted. I thought of doing ditch quilting in the log cabin blocks

Not the best quilting but it's quilted. Threads aren't borrowed either. 
Still lots to do.

My son is moving back home next weekend. I'll try to move Spinners closer to the finish line. 

It will be easier to put it away once the blocks are done.
Then, I noticed spots on some blocks.



It looks like Raven came into this room and shook his head when his abscess busted last month. Now I have to finish a quilt not knowing if it's stained forever or not. Sigh!

DH is mowing the lawn for the second week in a row ... and it's only MAY! It was due too. The grass is as tall as the mower's wheels. 



I finally got the email thanking me for applying for the job; it also said that I was a close second. What's the use of knowing that? Anywho! I do have a job so I've lost nothing. Except for the bigger paycheck, haha. Better luck next time, I guess. 

Happy green sewing! 

;^)

I'll be with 
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts 
Cynthia at Oh Scrap! 










8 comments:

Lin said...

Sorry you didnt get the job, so disappointing. Tricky problem there with the spotty quilt top. The tulips are looking lovely. xx

Quilting Babcia said...

So sorry the new job didn't come your way, but one way to look at it is that a better one is waiting on the horizon. I hope you're able to spot clean those little stains. We have a May heatwave going on here too. T-storms predicted for later today and tomorrow will no doubt bring some cooling.

MissPat said...

Sorry the job offer didn't come through. Maybe you should try to spot clean one of the block pieces before you spend more time sewing it together. That's if you have enough background fabric to replace the piece if the stain won't come out or if the piece shrinks (and yes, I've had that happen).
Pat

Fiona said...

Its very hard to be motivated during a heatwave ... and lots of different things going on. Finish the table topper and you will still find a home for it. Those little stains will not even show at the end even if they do stay forever. Sorry about the job but good for you for trying .... at least they know you are interested in progress too...
Hugz

Bonnie said...

Ugh on those spots. I'm a firm believer in a product called Grandma's Secret Spot Remover. I don't know if it is marketed in your area but it is really a great product for removing all sorts of stains. It's sold in JoAnns here along with some grocery stores. So sorry you were passed over for the job (and the bigger paycheck -- more fabric?) Keep trying when you see something you like.

Anonymous said...

Bummer about the table topper and the job. Perhaps, you can add some string borders to two ends and make it a throw for your MIL? I can relate to staying motivated when it is hot and when life moves on a path you hadn't considered!--TerryK

Ruth said...

I hate hot weather! We've been having a colder spring here with lots of rain. Today it isn't supposed to rain, so maybe I can get out in the yard (which I don't like either). I love the table topper! Can't she use it in the house?

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Le tout petit 9-Patch vert est adorable !
Si le dessus de table ne servira plus, peut-être le convertir en dessus de lit, un peu plus grand ? Dommage pour ton entretien d'embauche, le prochain sera le bon, et meilleur !
Merci pour le partage de liens ;)