Saturday 21 May 2022

Frenetically Sewing

Got up early this morning so I can sew the last pieces for Spinners, as my son is moving back into his room TODAY!



Only one more block to go. If you think the first block in the third row looks funny, you're right. The points don't want to align and I have no time to waste with this sort of shenanigans, so it's only partly joined. 

I got all the blocks finished with only half an hour to go. I tagged them with a little piece of paper so I'll know which side is up. As I work on these, I realized that there are more stained pieces than I first thought. See this post to read about this misadventure. 


I believe I now have two options before me. Either I removed the blocks that aren't stained and add more blocks to make a decent size quilt, and with the stained blocks make a quilt for Raven OR sew them all together and give the quilt to Raven. Either way, this cat is getting a quilt. 😄 

Once assembled, it will not be a very big quilt, more like a throw. I enjoyed making this one so you might see its twin at some point. For now, the blocks are back on the self. 

While sewing the last small HSTs needed for these blocks, I managed to sew these. 

I forgot that these blocks are made with whites only. Oh well! I guess I have sewn my label block this morning. 😋

Jericho Wall in green. It's not crooked, it is just the way I pinned it. 

And then there are these! 
I totally blame Cathy (Sane, Crazy, Crumby Quilts) for these. 😂😜 She made this great quilt (shown here) and gave us the link to the tutorial. Well, what's a quilter's to do but get sewing. The worst part is that they are fun and quick to make too. I am so doomed! 😂😂 The more I want to finish UFOs the more I get into new projects. Why is that? 

It is a long weekend here in Canada which is a good thing because I have so many greens to sew. 

Happy sewing. 
;^) 

Joining my girls 
Angela at So Scrappy 
Frédérique at Patchworks and Quilts 
Cynthia at Oh Scrap! 









 

8 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Spinners is looking great, Chantal! I really love how that design came together. It's too bad about the spots, though - do you think they might wash out? I love those square-stair-steppy blocks you showed in your last photo! I got interested in those, too, but have just made one so far. They're fun!

PaintedThread said...

Wow - I love how this looks!

Fiona said...

Your spinners quilt is gorgeous... well done for getting it done before the room is taken over. Enjoy your long weekend of sewing...
Hugz

Gretchen Weaver said...

It's hard to sew in a hurry! Cathy sucked me into her quilt also! I've only made 1 block so far but she's a cutie. Happy stitching!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Lucky Raven, to get a pretty quilt! I'm sure he deserves it. I however am now totally on board to make Cathy's quilt! Sew exciting. Must remember not to run with a rotary cutter.

Lin said...

Looking on the bright side, those stains may wash out! xx

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Wow, Spinner est magnifique, malgré les tâches. C'est Raven qui va être content ;))
Bonne couture, profite du grand week-end !

Cathy said...

I hope those spots come out (and I bet they will, especially if you treat them before throwing them in the wash. Anyway, I’m with you on that quilt that Cathy had shown. I’ve printed out some pix and block size info and will definitely be staring one at my next quilt start “opening” (approximately 2027, haha)!!