Saturday 23 July 2022

Purple is Painful

♫ I could be brown, I could be blue, I could be violet sky ♪ ♪

♪ ♫ I could be hurtful, I could be purple, I could be anything you like! 

 (Doesn't this part of Mika's song sounds like the description of a bruise or is that just me? ) 

Purple is a painful colour. Painful to describe, to photograph, to match; it has so many nuances and undertones that it must be the most colourful colour! There is something for everyone to like in this one.

And it's so much fun to work with! Let's see what happened in my sewing room. 



Three more Jericho Wall blocks were made. Can you believe it? I have 6 purple Jericho Wall blocks! Okay! Enough of this. Let's sew something else. 



How about 4 Star Bloom blocks? Love these together. 


I found a cat. I need it in my placemat. 

The little purple scrap had a curvy cut. It wasn't easy to fix it but the cat is on my mat! (Sounds like Dr. Seuss, right?) 

I also work on my Rainbow UFO Challenge. Purple is Framed 9-Patch quilt. These blocks need to be assembled. 

Three quadrants are done. One more to go and then, I will be three seams away from a top! 


It's smaller than what I had in mind. Should I make one more row? Add big borders? Some pondering to do here. 

Also, pondering about these cornerstones. Still. 



Very early this morning, I took it outside to take pictures as the weatherman promised a wet weekend. (It's almost noon now and it's bright and sunny!) Anywho! Black or red? Just one tiny difference and yet, it changes the entire quilt. I don't know which one I like best. 

I need to show you my purple flowers too. 

Colombine 

Aquilegia, the way we see them ... 

... and the insect's view. 




I believe I am done doodling chickadees. It's time to turn to colours. (I don't know why the photo turned bluish. It's weird!) 

It was an awful week at the office.  We are 4 team assistants, but with 2 on vacation = a lot more work for me. Yet, I did a lot of sewing too just to erase the tension from work in the evening. One assistant is returning on Monday. Yay! I survived, haha!


That's all I have for now. 
Cheers! 

;^)


Joining 
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts 
Cynthia for Oh Scrap! 






12 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I find purple hard to photograph, too, but so fun to sew with! Your purple blocks are looking good. I really like those framed 9 patches - the 9 patch squares seem to float on their background! Pretty flowers, too. The Columbine is our state flower here in Colorado, so it's a favorite.

The Joyful Quilter said...

PURPLE blocks with SEW many wonderful scraps, Chantal, and I love your flowers, too!!

Jenny said...

Your four star block is beautiful, such a nice design.

Mari said...

Great blocks, and I love the flowers. For your cornerstone dilemma, I vote red, definitely. More personality!

Fiona said...

You have done lots of great purple blocks.... I see I don't have much variety in my purples but there will be enough for a couple of fish. Pretty flowers..... I hope next week is not so hectic at work...
Hugz

Maggie said...

Your chickadee doodles are beautiful, so is all the blocks. Have a wonderful weekend.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

All your different blocks are looking great!!! It's all I can do to make one style of block for the RSC. And yes, I agree, sewing is a great way to destress and enjoy some peaceful time.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Love your purple blocks. There is such a range of purple. . from blue tones to red tones . . .what purple means to one person is different for the next person. Your doodles are amazing and I loved the flower pictures!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Lovely purple blocks but I sure love those framed 9 patches. I might have to make some. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You did well with the purples...so many lovely blocks. And I enjoyed seeing the purple blooms as well. Hopefully next week will be less hectic at your work. Have a good weekend!

The Cozy Quilter said...

So fun to get our RSC blocks made into quilt tops after sewing for months!

swooze said...

Love your doodles. What will you do with them?