Saturday 30 July 2022

Last Sprint for Purple Sewing.

The time for sewing some purple fabric is running out fast. I still have to do some purple crumb blocks but I did succeed in doing some sewing this week. 

For the colour Purple, my Rainbow UFO Challenge is Framed 9-Patch and it is now a top. A small top. 

It measures 56 X 48 inches. I might add another row at the bottom. 

It won't reach twin bed size but at least it will be a better size throw. It is going back into the closet as the time to work on it is now over. Another month; another UFO Challenge. Wonder what Angela will call for August. 

I love this reversed one. 



Scrap Jar Star in purple and lots of 9-Patch blocks. 


For the solid coloured fabric, I was disappointed in the purple I had to play with. They look like funeral parlor purple. Yuck!


At the bottom of the pillowcase (yes, my solids live in a pillowcase, a huge one too), I found some more purple, but lovely ones this time. So I sew up more of this block. 


Pretty lilac and eggplant kind of purple make these blocks sing. The bottom left is more of a black cherry colour or deep red wine but since I didn't use it when we had the red month, I'm throwing it in this month. :^D 

And for la pièce de résistance, a purple placemat with lots of dots, circles and splashes! 

Even the background fabric has circles. And a cat for free! Haha. 


I finished the binding early this morning. The backing is something between dusty rose and color-me-purple on navy. It's an oldie but I am happy with the result. See Joyful Quilter's blog for more Table Scrap Challenge goodies. 


And here we are at the end. Phew! That was a lot of stuff this week. 
Things have returned to normal at work (whatever normal now means!) It was more fun getting up in the morning to go to work, you know I mean? anywho! It's a long weekend now and sewing is all I can think of. 

Enjoy! 



Joining my sewing sisters
Angela at So Scrappy 
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts
Cynthia for Oh Scrap! 




 

13 comments:

Fiona said...

You did well with all your purple blocks... and just in time before the end of July... almost time to start the next lot!

Hugz

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your framed 9 patch top! Happy and fun! There are so many shades of purple - those that tend toward brown are harder to like. But yours will all play together in the different blocks in the end!

Jenny said...

You've done well with all those purple blocks, thsts a lot of stitching. Orange is the next colour, I'd finished with my purple blocks so have already started on orange.

Lin said...

Your framed 9 patch does look great. Nice work with your purples. xx

Sara said...

I really love how the Framed 9-patch blocks look like the colors float. Using the same background in the frame was genius!

MissPat said...

Your framed nine patch is a riot of color. Looks like orange is the new color for RSC. Have a good week, going to be a hot one here in western NY.
Pat

Angie in SoCal said...

Loved all your purple play!And your first quilt is such a winner. Thanks for sharing, Chantal.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Those framed nine patch blocks sure make a wonderful top! I liked all your purple blocks. I especially enjoyed your description of purple fabrics. . .lilac to eggplant!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great progress this week. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Chantal, your placemat is really cute - with purple and dots and a cat :-)

gayle said...

I'm going to miss purple, but the switch to orange will cheer me back up!

Ellen said...

Funeral parlour purple - too funny! You accomplished a lot.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Voilà une belle série de blocs, bravo pour cette semaine productive ! J'adore le set de table et sa variété de violets 😍
Merci pour le partage ❤️