Saturday 13 August 2022

Colour Me Orange and Call Me Pumpkin!

The morning found me playing with orange... and rust.

For the solid fabric challenge, I used my mother's stash. She obviously wasn't the type to love orange. I could only find three, so I added the rust-coloured one.


It's truly a rich rust colour in person. That brings the total to 35 blocks. Want to see them all together? 


It needs more reds and yellows too, I think. There are too many purple and blue blocks but I still like it.  
Did you see it? One of the blocks is upside down. It's all right as this is in no way the final layout because I want to add more blocks. 

I didn't see it in the first photo but I see it now and I love it. The bottom left diamond is wonderful to my eyes. I'm a sucker for blue and brown and although these blocks are rust and dark purple, the effect is almost the same. Love it. 

Speaking of purple, I did finish two purple crumb blocks this week. I'm always behind with the crumb blocks. Maybe I have too many RSC projects this year. What do you think? 

1- crumb blocks
2- 9-Patch blocks
3- Solid fabric blocks
4- Scrap Jar Star 
5- Jericho Wall
6- Placemat

I'm tempted to add another one but I will refrain from doing so... for now. Want to know what it is? Lynn did a lovely quilt with some darker neutral colours. You know, those darker lights that I have and don't know what to do with? See her quilt here. It got me thinking. I could do a Framed 9-Patch (also inspired by one of her quilts) with the darker neutrals. What do you think? Maybe I'll do a few blocks and see if I like it. Oh! it will be fun! 


Hope you have fun sewing too. Enjoy! 


Joining my sewing sisters 
Angela at So Scrappy 
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts 
Cynthia for Oh Scrap! 



11 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I love your first RSC blocks, all laid out. Is that one called Jericho walls? I'm so tempted to make so many different RSC blocks!!!

MissPat said...

Well, it took me forever, but I finally found the errant block. I must be having an off day as I didn't get Wordle this morning either. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.
Pat

PaintedThread said...

Love those blocks. Goodness - that's a lot of RSC projects!

Fiona said...

Going so well with your RSC projects.... I wonder how long it will be before you can't resist starting the next one.... (within a month I think!!! haha)
Hugz

Jenny said...

I understand completely with wondering about too many RSC projects going on. Guess we just cant help ourselves.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh yes, I always want to see all your blocks together, and those are great! I love the design they make, Chantal. The Horixon quilt is a pretty one, too - you should go for it!

Bonnie said...

This is a really cool RSC block. Are they 6" fin or bigger? It's always fun to see how the RSC blocks look together. Some years I make lots of different blocks some years I stick with only one style of block. This year it is a single style. But I have been able to keep up pretty well. Hope you can too.

Cathy said...

Like Bonnie, I think those solids make a really cool RSC block. But like you, I’m trying not to add any more blocks to my repertoire this year. Have a great week, Chantal!

Kathy S. said...

Oh those blocks look so fun to arrange and play with different layouts. Nice!

Lin said...

Took me a while to find the 'mistake' but I got there in the end lol. The blocks are looking great all together. xx

Sandy Panagos said...

The mistake was hard enough to find when I was looking for it. I wonder if it would be fun to just leave it there!