Saturday 27 August 2022

For Orange Lovers

What a lovely month this was. If you read this blog just every now and again (or weekly), you know exactly why this was such a lovely month for me. The best part is sharing the photos, so let's do that.


Many interruptions kept me away from my sewing machine this week but I did sew a bit. 
Like these little bits for the sashing of The Hole In The Barn Door Quilt. (not yet trimmed.) Follow this link to see the quilt which I last worked on during the Orange month of 2021. 




Do you secretly challenge yourself with your sewing? 
Here's what I mean. I did 5 orange Star Bloom blocks. Then, for Jericho Wall blocks, I decided to use only fabrics that weren't used in those 5 blocks so the quilts won't look like twins of a different mother. You know what I mean? I believe I have enough orange to pull this through. 


I used some arrow fabric in this one ...


and some books for the second one. 


More blocks are cut and are ready by the sewing machine for the next sewing session. 


I have just finished, yes at 4 p.m., I finished sewing down the binding for the Table Scrap Challenge. 
Ta-Dah! 
I'm head over heels in love with this one. It is the best placemat so far. I might be a little biased in this statement but look, the first string is exactly in the corner. Wow! The cow fabric is all that I have and I made it work! The white fabric was set aside for a special quilt but this placemat is FOR ME, so out came the GOOD STUFF. 


Can you see the kitty's shadows on the white fabric in this picture? That's what makes it so special. 

The points of the triangle are present, compared to being cut off like they are on other placemats. 


Oh, I know it isn't perfect. Nothing is. That binding corner needs to be redone I think. It was the quickest binding job I've ever done and it shows, haha. Anywho! I love it. So this is my entry for the Table Scrap Challenge. There's no embroidery but there's a chicken! 

This picture shows the true orange colours. Bright enough? It matches my personality, lol.  


That's all for now. There are still a few days left in August to sew more orange. Let's go! 


Joining 
Angela at So Scrappy 
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts
and Cynthia on Sunday for Oh Scrap! 












15 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Love that orange placemat! You don't need to redo that binding corner, just use and enjoy!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Bright orange with cows, and a blue chicken! Plus cats hidden in the white fabric! Nice job making something special just for you. You deserve it!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is such a fun placemat! Love your design in pretty orange!

Lin said...

More lovely oranges - great finish on the placemat and I do love that white fabric with it's little cats. xx

Julierose said...

Lovely orange works you've done:000 That placemat is so neat--I love it!! Hugs, Julierose

Annie said...

A wonderful orange placemat! It’s almost like an I Spy placemat with the cows and kittys and leaves, flowers, signs, chickens, sheep and I’m sure there are more fun things to spy.

MissPat said...

That is a great placemat. Anytime the points all come out right is cause for celebration. And the fabrics you chose to highlight make a wonderful finish. I'm happy to hear you are keeping this one.
Pat

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

The orange placemat is too cute! I love those scrappy churn dash blocks. . .I think those will be my block for the RSC for 2023! I love the string sashing!

Fiona said...

I totally agree the orange placemat is so lovely...
Hugz

Sandy Panagos said...

Such fun oranges. I don't use orange much, but I enjoyed making my blocks and seeing all the blocks others are making.

Angie in SoCal said...

Love your orange placemat. I like all your orange creations. Blessings,

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Superbe, j'adore ! Bravo pour les pointes parfaites, et les tissus rigolos. Les coins ? quels coins ;)) C'est très beau, et gai.

Chookyblue...... said...

I do like the orange block pattern......I have the directions printed bit not cut anything yet but I want to.....

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome ORANGE placemat, Chantal!! Enjoy it and thanks for linking up with the TABLE SCRAPS Challenge!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Chantal, your orange placemat is really cute. I love the design.