Saturday 23 September 2023

I Found a Rainbow...

... in my scraps!

I didn't do much this week because, as Nann said: "I am overrun with squirrels". Haha! Loved her comment.  I spent a lot of time with my youngest son, who came home for two days, and it was also my first son's birthday. It was more a boy week than a sewing week. It was fun to have all three of them here. 


Anywho! I'm still stuck playing with HST.


At the last meeting of the Artisanat, Françoise mentioned the donation of baby quilts and I liked that idea. A picture formed in my head and like an earworm, it wouldn't go away. So, I threw it on my design wall. Works like magic every time. 

Simple HSTs, so it worked up fast. 

I need to ask Françoise for the dimensions. It stands at 30 X 23" which is pretty small. The blocks are sewn in rows but the rows aren't sewn together yet. 

The other HST project is the one from last week. I made another block and realized that they don't play well together. 

Now, if I put the aqua with a like colour and the rust with another like colour, the pattern will work better. So, I've put this one into a designated box to be open on New Year's Eve only. Haha! Yeah, right! 

That's all for this week. Have a lovely weekend! 
;^)


Joining these talented ladies over the weekend. 





14 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE that rainbow you found!!! That's going to be a super cute donation quilt, Chantal. Have fun finishing it up!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I'll echo Joyful and say how much I liked the look of these blocks, especially all together. Quite striking!

Sally said...

What a neat baby quilt block. My guild has taken on a new baby quilt size for the Navy base - 30" x 30" and rainbow quilts will be a great theme.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are such fun blocks, Chantal! I love the bright triangles with the black and backgrounds. They make a great design when you put them together, too!

gayle said...

Oh, I LOVE that beautiful rainbow! What a splendid start!

Jenny said...

I'm sure you are having fun choosing the colours for the baby quilt.

Fiona said...

There is squirrels in the scrap fabric box!!! Lovely to spend the time with your boys and get some happy sewing done too...
Hugz

Quilting Babcia said...

What a super baby quilt in the making! All those fun colors against the black and white background fabrics, very effective! Understand totally about having your boys all together for those precious days.

Lin said...

Your rainbow HST's look great - going to make a super baby quilt. xx

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

C'est chouette les visites de la famille ;) Tes blocs pour le BB quilt sont très beaux, vifs et lumineux, parfaits pour les petits ! Nos quilts font 70 cm (27,5'') de côté, c'est ce qui est demandé par l'hôpital avec qui nous avons un accord.
Bises !

Bonnie said...

OOH! I like your half square triangle blocks. I recently decided I needed to do something with my growing collection of HSTs. I think I'll be making basket quilts with them. But I'm not 100% sure as I like the blocks you made. Decisions, decisions.

Jan said...

Lovely blocks and I like the background- makes them pop. The quilt in your header is just gorgeous!

grammajudyb said...

Oh my! I loved seeing your HST blocks! They are so bright and happy , I have been sewing with HSTs too. Using a overflowing shoebox of cut off triangles as Leaders and Enders! Not quite sure where they are headed, but something will become of them!
Having your grown up kids home is priceless!

Nann said...

Did you know that one of the names for this traditional block is Contrary Wife? Whatever the name, the brights-on-black/white are a great combination.