Saturday 30 September 2023

Preparations ... Decisions

It is fun going to a quilt retreat, but the preparation is stressing me out.

In Canada, Thanksgiving is next weekend, so we picked that weekend to do a retreat. We are leaving on Friday and back on Tuesday, October 10th. Same gang, same place as in February, and I just can't wait! Gosh! I'm like a child in a ToysR'us store. I want to bring EVERYTHING!


Need to cut more 2" squares for these two projects

On the first Tuesday of every month, we have our group Artisanat meeting, so that's next too. I want to bring a few things for the show and tell. I need to take care of that also. 

Part of my show and tell on Tuesday.
Not in love with the last one left corner. It might get replaced.


To top it all nicely, my youngest son is at home until Tuesday. Whatever I cook or bake for the retreat or their weekend without Mom, DS3 asks if it's for him. Bunker! I'm going bunker, and I love it! 


Anywho! Need I have to say that not much sewing happened this week? 
Although I did play with fabric. I'm cutting everything and anything that comes my way, haha. 

This is just an inspiration I spotted on Elm Street Quilts back in 2020 before we abandoned everything to make masks. (Remember that sh*t?)

Yeah, I might bring that one too... in case I get bored. 



That's all for now, friends. 
Have a great week. 
;^)


Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts 
Cynthia for Oh Scrap! 
Alycia for Finished or NOT Finished Friday
Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict


10 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Have fun at retreat, Chantal!! I'll be thinking about what to take on mine closer to the end of the month.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I do remember that push to make masks - not my favorite thing either! Have a wonderful time at your retreat - no matter what you take to work on, it will be fun!

Lin said...

Have a great time on retreat Chantal. xx

Jenny said...

I'm sure you will have a wonderful weekend away, stitching with friends.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Enjoy your retreat, I'm thankful we can retreat again. It's hard to believe that the world actually shut down for several years. Enjoy working on all of your projects, happy stitching!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Bonne préparation de départ, et n'oublie rien !
Jolis blocs, ce sera un beau Show and Tell.
Merci pour le partage !

Fiona said...

I can 'read' the excitement..... there is quite a bit of preparation for a retreat.... I always take too much but that's better than too little!! Enjoy son time even if he does eat all the treats! haha

Hugz

karenbbsnow said...

Some beautiful scrappy eye candy there .... enjoy your retreat.

Helenchaffin said...

Luv Luv Luv all the Scrappy a quilting retreat sounds like fun! goodness!there's none close enough to me to go to

gayle said...

I hope you're having a fabulous time at your retreat!