Saturday 2 March 2024

New Month. New Colour! New Project?

It's the end of the red month.

I didn't accomplish as much as I was hoping for but I'm happy with my progress. Can I say it was a squirrel week? 

Another Stained Glass block in red was made and the black borders were added to all the blocks done so far. Accompanied by a crumb red block. 



Shoreline grew somewhat from 38 to 74 blocks (36 more blocks). Only 182 blocks missing. Haha. Can I say "long-term project" if I work on it only once a year? 



While searching for something, I came upon a gifted box that hadn't been processed yet. It came from Anne back in December. Oh! The squirrels in that box! 


There are some flannel and some beautiful cotton. Sorry for the poor quality of the photo. 

I want to play with flannel now, or those little tiny triangles in the box on the right. Ooooohhhh!

There are some gorgeous batik blocks too. Carolina Chain, I think. I hope I will find some of those batik fabrics to make more blocks. If not, what can I do with 14 blocks? I want to search for batiks now. 

Decluttering with Joy ( 100 Days 100 Things Decluttered ):  A.K.A.  Squirrels!! 

I started to go through my drawers of cut pieces. The one holding the 2.5" scraps was the first to be processed. It had lots of different lengths by 2.5". Now, they are all squares. Yay! 


Some pieces were not 2.5" anymore due to fraying and had to be cut down to 2". Some were simply rejected due to the poor fabric quality; some were part of Jelly Rolls and were added to some projects. (Now, I want to play with Jelly Roll projects.) 

Jelly Roll strips in the background and some of the 2" square with the 1.5 X 2.5" rectangles. (Now, I want to play with the little bits of 1.5 X 2.5". They are for the quilt Friends' Favourite.)

On to the next drawer. 😀


In the kitchen: 

This basket got a cleaning up too. It contains envelopes of mixtures to make vinaigrette, gravy, spicy potatoes, tacos, etc. There are bags of spices too. The oldest or the "not gonna do that again" got trashed. 
I did the same with the hand creme and lotion in the bathroom. Next was my make-up drawer. I don't wear make-up at home, so it has been sitting there for the last 8 months fermenting. I don't think that's a good thing for make-up. Out it went. I'll get some more when I start working again. (No. No job yet.) Two little black baskets were emptied in the process! Yay! 

On to better things? Yes! A new colour! 


Angela? What do you say? 



PURPLE

The project tagged with Purple is Broken Dish Swap, hosted by Barb Vedder a few (4, 5) years ago. I have the blocks but not the motivation. So, I might change that to something else. 


Update on Slow Stitching: 

Only 27 more blocks to quilt on Ohio Star Shadow. I'm not working diligently on it as I used to. Let's see if I do better during March. 



I found a ball of cotton yarn to make some dishcloth. (Squirrel!!) 

You probably can tell that I'm not a very "experienced" knitter. I had to read the pattern at every row, yet, I managed to change the direction of the waves. They're supposed to go all in one direction.  Please, don't ask me to do that again because I have no idea how I did it. 😂

That's it for me. Hope you have a lovely week. 

;^)

Joining these talented ladies during the week: 

14 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

You're making far better progress with organizing and decluttering than I am! Just getting into the sewing room to get anything accomplished is a small miracle most days.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

great progress on all fronts!

The Joyful Quilter said...

A little decluttering and a whole lot of scrap sorting/processing. It's all good, Chantal!! Best of luck with making progress on whichever UFO project you choose.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Shoreline progresse bien ! Je connais ça, les projets qui s'étendent sur plusieurs années ;) Que vas-tu faire de tous ces petits carrés ? Hâte de voir les projets à venir ! Bravo pour le tricot, je le trouve très beau et bien fait.
Merci pour le partage !

Lin said...

Lots happening again. Love the batik blocks and it is so satisfying to have a box of squares waiting to be used. Great 'Choppy Seas' dish cloth. Have a fun week with purple. xx

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Love the stained glass string blocks! You always have such great scrap projects. Shoreline is amazing! Have a great week!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I had a great read here this morning. I love how you are trying your hand at different stitching. Lots of great fabrics and I love that Carolina block project. And wonderful to be knitting and trying out a new pattern too. You did great tidying/cutting in the sewing room and around the house too. I need to go through old makeup; don't know why I hang on to stuff like that so long.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I am the same way. . .I start working with scraps to put them away and I want to work on them! Gertie, my inner squirrel, is getting more motivated with each week that passes! LOL I wish you lived in the Portland Oregon area as I would really like to transition out of the interim admin assistant job, I like it; but, I miss the hours I used to spend in my quilting space!

CathieJ said...

I so understand the squirrel problem. I now try to put blinders on when organizing or set a timer so that I don't get distracted. I love that you have bins of squares. I have bags of odd shaped scraps. Shoreline is beautiful. I hope you keep working on it.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those stained glass blocks are really neat, Chantal! You've got me curious to see how they go together. I'm impressed with your scrap processing, too. I could definitely stand to do more of that!

Karrin Hurd said...

Great projects and organization. I got distracted by a couple of squirrels a few weeks ago. I still need to organize 2 more closets though. Happy stitching!

Fiona said...

Great progress on your projects... and your cleaning.... I do find sorting the odd drawer or cupboard is a good way.... just a bit at a time and also making time for playing in the sewing room...

Hugz

Angie in SoCal said...

You made a lot of progress! And you even decluttered!! I'm not doing so good on that. Life keeps getting in the way. Congrats on your finds. Blessings,

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You are making a lot of progress!!!
I like those stained glass blocks - they will look good in purple too!