I was in a poor state this week. Not up to par and had little energy. To finish the week on the same note, I heard of the attack in Nice on Friday morning, I cried and cried. I did a lot of praying and some hand stitching. Mes pensées sont avec vous, mes amies de France, xox. (My thoughts are with my friends in France.) May you and yours, all be safe and sound.
Back to the sewing room.
I did finished Lotus (May 14th) after a few adjustments to the pattern. (36 pieces) Much ripping here, too much ripping here actually!
May 15th, Ribbon Star, was pictured in a previous post (here).
May 16th, Double Windmills (21 pieces). The last triangles were confusing me.
Some reversed stitching was needed here too.
It now needs some major trimming.
I love Winged Square (51 pieces) and I thought finally an easy one. Right!! I ended up not sewing the blue at the right place on the first try. (Sorry, no picture, just take my work for it.) So this one met the seam ripper too.
May 18th, Bird's Nest (57 pieces) which I had done before (see Finding Nemo here). The construction of this block is different from the way I've done it a long time ago. Again, out came the seam ripper to save yet another block from disaster as the Seminole sashing was uneven.
It is still a tad crooked but it will do. As long as it is 6.5 inches, this girl is happy. (It needs a trim too.)
Swing in the Centre (now there's a fun name!) (45 pieces)
Not a very beautiful block. If I were to make a quilt like this, it would be constructed with less little triangles. But, whatever! It is done!
Group photo of my 365 Challenge blocks for this week. Total pieces : 210.
Also made two more tulips blocks for my MIL.
If I planned it right, these are the last of the tulip blocks. I will make something else as an alternative block.
Until next time...
Joining Angie for WIP's be Gone.
Joining Cynthia for Oh Scraps!