Saturday 23 July 2016

And then, this happened!

I offered my Mother In Law to make a table runner for her RV. She immediately said "yes, please!" Her mother was a quilter and she did a few quilts of her own in her younger years. Now, she is more a knitter and a crochet fanatic than a quilter.

Anywho! I started with some tulip blocks. I believe it was very popular in the 50s (time when my MIL got married) in my area.


Then I did some colourful log cabin blocks with the Full Moon Log Cabin Lunatics at Julie's place.


And then, this happened: 



I did say in my last post that you would need to wait til the next full moon to see what I was up to ...  but I couldn't wait that long. Hahaha!

Next week, it will pay a visit to my MIL to see how much bigger it needs to be, or maybe she will like it at this size! We'll see. It is 18 X 36 inches. 

Now that this project is out of my head, I can concentrate again on the 365 Challenge blocks. 


But first, I have to go see some blogs. Hope you will take a few minutes to check them out too. 


I'll see Angela's at SoScrappy for RSC (might not be very much of a hot pink, but pink nonetheless)


I'll visit Cynthia at Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap! on Sunday. 



Until next time ... 


;^)



15 comments:

gayle said...

I never would have thought of combining those blocks! What a terrific runner that is! Well done, you!

Marly said...

Tulips and log cabins: it couldn't be better. I think I might copy your idea for my husband's uncle and aunt who emigrated to Ontario from The Netherlands sixty-two years ago!

Cathy said...

Oh, wow! What a great combination and an awesome table runner.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Chantal, what a great idea! I am sure your MiL will love it! Thanks for revealing it to us before a whole month had gone by!

Lisa J. said...

I would never think to put tulips and cabins together...but they are very pretty.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh! VERY cute combination!! I'm glad that you didn't make us wait any longer. Thanks for sharing!

Lin said...

What a brilliant idea to combine to two. The result is stunning - she will love it. Have a lovely Sunday. xx

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

The tulips and the log cabins are amazing together!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I love the layout you created. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Angie in SoCal said...

What a great combo - love it, and I'm sure your MIL will, too. Thanks for sharing and linking to WIPs Be Gone.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

These blocks look wonderful combined together! Were you tempted to just keep going and make it bigger?

canuckquilter said...

I really like what happened :)

Susan said...

Oh, that is adorable! They could have snuggled up with each other all night, and I would never have thought to marry them that way!

PaulaB quilts said...

What a great combination! Both blocks are traditional for that time and they are perfect for a table runner. You will have a happy MIL for sure.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

This turned out to be so pretty! What a great combination of blocks. I am sure she loves it.