Friday 18 October 2019

Another Month Done

9-Patch blocks are growing in my sewing room lately. I love 9-Patch blocks. The doubles won't go in the same quilt. :^D


These are my leader-enders lately as I need something simple in between 365 blocks. I've also made a few 4-Patch in green. There's a certain quilt that is asking for a green border. Care to guess which one?




On the Blue front, the month of October is done. Yes, done! Thanks to the long weekend I had enough time to finish October's blocks. The line-up looks like this:

October 27

this is my cute Centennial block with 21 pieces. The pattern says to trim it to 3.5 inches. "Houston, we have a problem". It doesn't measure 3.5 inches. How can I trim it?  :^(  Let's start that one over again.

Still not perfect but close enough. I'm sure Mango Feet has an easier way of putting this little beauty together.  Hers are so lovely. You should check it out.


On with Oct. 28
I had to do not one, not two ...

... not three but FOUR 3.5 inches blocks in order to make one 6 inches block. On any other day, these four units would have counted as four days! But they were very easy so, in the end, it's all good, lol.


Look how lovely it turned out. This picture is showing the real colors. I don't know why the units have an orange tint when photographed on the cutting board.  So, Blazed Trail at 6 inches with 48 pieces.

Now this is Riley's Knot. I bet you can tell where I had my partial seam, right? lol. No, I wasn't drunk. (maybe I should have?) Sewing a partial seam on a one-inch piece of fabric is quite a challenge to say the least. But doable.
Riley's Knot - 17 pieces.

On to October 30 with French Silk Pie.
Have you ever had a piece of French Silk Pie? Not to brag that everything French is best (French Fries, French Kiss, Haute Couture, etc.) but French Silk Pie is divine ... and for your information, not French at all, lol.

Back to quilting.
Here is my block for October 30 with 33 pieces and if I say French Silk Pie one more time, I'll bake one. 8^)

And on the last day of October stands All Hallow!

I am so in love with this block. I want an entire quilt made with this one. I find the fabric in the middle too light but it'll brighten up the others that I find too dark. This is another 6 inches block with 48 pieces. Lots of HSTs and Geese units in this one but it is an easy 9-Patch type of block. I ♥ it.

And that's all for October. The final count of pieces is : 865. For those of you who do/did Bachelor's Puzzle, the total will be different.

On to November. Whoop Whoop!

I will start with November 2 since it is the third corner of the Challenge and it is full of Y-seams!
Yikes! I need to re-figure this one. But it is a beautiful block.

The basket looks like a killer and it might take me a few weeks to make it, lol. I'll see you then.

;^)

I will be with
Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Angela at So Scrappy
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework





13 comments:

julieQ said...

What totally awesome itty bitty blocks you are making! I love them!

Quilting Babcia said...

Those October mini blocks are wonderful but All Hallow is really special with the dark and moody blend of fabrics you worked with. You have some amazing patience to work with so many tiny pieces!

Julierose said...

I love quilting with squares...your mini blocks are just lovely great work on them hugs, Julierose

Libby in TN said...

Just use a chevron fabric for the basket! My MIL's French silk pie recipe is to obsess over. Lately I have put it in a chocolate crust -- so divine.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love four patches and nine patches, too! As always, I think your 365 blocks are just awesome! Riley's knot is a really neat block, and it looks good to me!

Fiona said...

Fantastic blocks as usual... and you got quite a lot done too since all those little pieces... that pie looks just so yum.... now I am hungry for it!!
Hugz

Lin said...

OK so what is French Silk Pie? More great blocks Chantal.xx

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Wow it is only the middle of the month and you are already done with the month! So many beautiful and challenging blocks!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I like how you worked some BROWN bits into this week's blocks!! Nicely done.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Wow, you are making some great progress. That basket block is going to be amazing. Hard to believe all those pieces will go in a 12" block. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Barb said...

I love nine patches too! its fun to see all the blocks your working on.

cityquilter grace said...

by the time i got to the final 4 corner squares, i caved and made them all alike...i was sooo done with this...now it is being hand quilted...see it on my blog...www.citymousequilter.blogspot.com...can't get 'er done soon enough...have fun!

gayle said...

Wow! Such gorgeous little blocks!
(And my easier way to do the Centennials is to make them BIGGER - seriously, 6" blocks are a cakewalk compared to your 3" ones!)