Friday 11 October 2019

This Took For EVER

Wee sewing again with one inch HSTs. Lots of one inch HSTs.


But let's start at the beginning with

Oct 24 - Key Lime Pie - 29 pieces

The pattern says to keep the other "almost" Hour Glass units (whatever they are called) to use them in the block from November 9.

Guess what?

I did November 9 right away for fear of losing the useful units. (I do know myself. VBG)

So here is November  9 - Air Castle - 25 pieces (Too dark)

Then back to October with the one that took foooooorrrr E.V.E.R

Oct 25 - E.V.E.R. green Tree - 42 pieces

The next one took foooooorrrrr E.V.E.R. too!

Oct 26 - Original Design with 45 pieces.

Then ... I did a little HSTs indigestion so ...


...  I took a break.



A well deserved break.








Wasn't that a wonderful break? I soooo love my drive to work. Of course, at this time of the year, Canadian forests are at their best and I am mesmerized. I have to "endure" this wonderful scenery every day, for 35 minutes, because it's like that all the way home. Awful isn't it? :^D  Sometimes, I have trouble keeping my eyes on the road, lol.  I could have stopped at every mile to take a picture but I'll spare you the entire 35 minutes.



Now back to wee sewing to October 27 with Centennial

(I am still picking fabric for this one, so you will have to wait a wee bit longer for this one.) (More pictures?)

It's so much more beautiful live

Take care. 

;^)

Oops forgot to add my little 9 Patch blocks done this week with a little bit of black.

Can you spot the little "make do"?


Angela at So Scrappy






16 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those "leaf peeper" photos are quilt-worthy. SEW gorgeous!!

Libby in TN said...

You have to be crazy to keep doing those tiny pieces! Beautiful fall photos. We've been so hot and dry that all we have is brown and down.

Barb said...

what great tiny blocks!
beautiful fall color photos

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Such beautiful views on your drive would make it such a pleasure to do daily! I love and am in awe of your tiny blocks and all those pieces!

Lin said...

Stunning scenery but am speechless re tiny HSTs!!! xx

PaintedThread said...

OMG, crazy itty bitty. All put together these will be amazing!

Love the fall colors. Can't get enough of them here, either.

Julie in GA said...

Beautiful fall colors and so many tiny HSTs!
I started that 365 Challenge quilt and gave up after the first 20 or so blocks. I admire your tenacity with it!

Cathy said...

Okay...I LOVE little blocks with lots of pieces but I don't think I'm ever going to go as tiny as 1 inch HSTs. You are a brave woman and your blocks look wonderful like your scenery.

Fiona said...

Oh my gosh those little blocks and all those pieces.... they are amazing. Such lovely pictures on your drive to work.... beautiful..
Hugz

Claire said...

How fun. Tiny is tedious, but I love it.

Susie H said...

Your drive is truly lovely -- Fall is my favorite time of year because I also love the colors! You must be nuts to do those tiny blocks with SO MANY PIECES!!!! Lol!

Loris said...

Lovely little blocks :-) I'm not positive...but I think the 'almost hour glass' blocks are called Y squares. They really make for some interesting and versatile blocks..especially in borders or sashings. Lynn Wilder of Sew'n Wild Oaks uses them often in her quilts.
Beautiful pictures of Autumn in your neck of the woods. Full of color!

Jayne said...

I admire your persistence with those tiny blocks! They are gorgeous!

gayle said...

If I EVER get my other projects caught up, I'm going to drag out my 365C blocks. Yours are such an inspiration and have got my fingers twitching to play with those itty bitty bits!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

One inch HSTs - that is tiny! Your blocks are amazing. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Quilter Kathy said...

Totally gorgeous scenery you are enjoying!
Happy Thanksgiving!