Friday 6 March 2020

It Takes Two

When my co-worker saw my car seat mats, she wanted some too ... or is that two?


 I added a border as they were just a little short for her car seats. My plan is to start quilting these this weekend.


From the beginning of the year, I said I wouldn't "picked" a block for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this year as I have enough to finish already. That was until I saw this cute block on Seriously... I think it needs stitches.  She does blocks for all kind of "National Day". Anywho! I fell in love with this one.


It's made with 1.5 inches strips. I wanted to see if bigger was better so I pulled out 2.5 pieces. (Why not 2 inches? I have absolutely no idea! And wine was even not involved in the equation ... yet. ;^))


I didn't bother to add the last border because it is now standing at 10.5". I don't have a lot of scraps that are big enough to make this block so it defies the purpose of the RSC.

Anywho! The design wall looks like this and I started nothing new. Hahaha.


Still working on the green border. Because I didn't pay a lot of attention which way I sew the 4-Patch together, I have a lot of unpicking to do. Lots of the 4 patch are spinning the wrong way or have the dark green in the wrong place.


Nevertheless, I managed to have two borders (the longest ones) ready for Field of Poppies. So progress was made, just slower than anticipated.

Enjoy!

;^)

Joining
Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Angela at So Scrappy
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework









14 comments:

kiwikid said...

The car seat mats look great and your blocks are wonderful. I have done the same thing with 4 patches.

Karen said...

The quilt in your header picture is a good one. Love the blues and browns. So many different blocks. A lot to look at.

Fiona said...

heaps of lovely blcoks…. you are the queen of fiddly blocks....
Hugz

Marly said...

Lovely blocks; the teal one looks super easy. Good luck making the rest of the colours!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE those Pecking Order blocks with black, gray, and yellow!!! And look at you, working on TEAL for the RSC, too. Go, you!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks like it must have National Button Day! Those are cute blocks - I think I would like the smaller one better, too.

Lin said...

Love the car seat mats and that is an interesting block but, not a lot of scope I feel. xx

gayle said...

Well, your giant button could be the start of a medallion quilt. Or a table runner. (I do like the little button better, but I'm always a sucker for a small block!)
I feel your pain with those 4-patches. I had an awful time with the ones in my checkerboard rails quilt!

Jenny said...

I've also made that error when making four patch blocks. Who would think that such a simple block would trip us up?

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I have learned that anytime I am working on a project with light/dark 4 patches or 9-patches, I pin a block above my sewing machine. Or else I find I spend way too much time with my seam ripper :)

Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Jolis blocs bouton ! Difficile de résister ;)

Susie H said...

Lots of fun blocks. Good for you making progress towards the finish line of past RSC projects. Keep up the good work!

Elaine Adair said...

Wowwwww! That header quilt is amazing! i need to visit you more often! See ya soon.

Barb said...

Beautiful header photo in the snow. I have missed the snow this year.
Car mats are a clever idea - and fun 4patch sets.