Saturday 31 October 2020

Full Moon on October 31 on a Ghastly Year!

This moon has a lot of influence on me. I was so excited all week. Or maybe it was this HORRible weather on Monday and Wednesday. The weatherman didn't say the F word but he used the S word. 

I couldn't stop myself, I had to make one. hahaha! It looks happy to be here. 

It pleases me.  


As far as sewing went, well you don't want to see what I did. I fixed some holes in pants' pockets and holes in jeans and ... BOOring! 

Made one more yellow crumb brick. Not sure about the umbrella fabric. (??) 

Some units for a yellow scrap basket. 
My scraps were DREADfully the same prints over and over, so I decided to put the units aside and wait till I get a variety of yellow scraps to finish the CASKET ... uh the basket. 


The HSTs block's APPARITION happened the week before but was kept in the SHADOWS.  
14 more to go. 


My Button and Spool quilt has been fixed. See the last post to read the aggravating SPELL this quilt put me under. I'm so in love with it that I want one for myself now. There's always RSC 2021, right? 




That's all, folks! Have a great Halloween! Stay home and eat candies! Mu-hahaha! 

</;~) 


Joining my ghoul friends 
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts









21 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Cute little snow person. You got a touch more snow than we did. I would have had to scrape it off the leaves of my Viburnum bush to get a snowman half that size.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You had wayyyy too much fun writing this post, Chantal! I like your little snowman and your scrappy yellow bits, too. The spool button quilt is wonderful! Happy Halloween!

gayle said...

I love your itty bitty snowman!

Marly said...

I love the buttons and spools; it's very appropriate for you. Yes, you HAVE to make another for yourself.
Global warming seems to have finished our snow; we used to have about 20 cm of snow for a week or so each winter, until about ten years ago. And then - no more.

Libby in TN said...

LOL! The buttons and ghouls are on my RSC radar, as well.

PaintedThread said...

I love that little snowman!! LOL Button and spool quilt looks great!

Deb A said...

Oh, I love the snowman! Sure looks happy to be there. Your button and spool quilt is adorable. I'm looking forward to watching it in 2021... I have a feeling you might have started something with this quilt.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

The snowman is ADORABLE! And so is your button quilt. What a fun post!

Fiona said...

Goodness me with the snow already? but a fun reason to make a little snowman. well done with the button and spool fix.... looks perfect now and I love how your HST's are looking...
HUgz

Jenny said...

Such a cute little snowman! Are you planning on giving your spools and buttons quilt away? Surely not.
Your HST block looks wonderful, where is this one heading? I have a whole heap of HSTs from a project that didn't happen to use up sometime.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

J'adore ton quilt boutons et bobines, et je comprends que tu en veuilles un pour toi ;-) Mignon mini bonhomme de neige !

Quilting Babcia said...

Your tiny snowbaby looks DREADfully cold and desperately in need of comfort!

kiwikid said...

Your little snowman is very cute! Your buttons and spools quilt looks wonderful. Love your hst block too.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I already shared with Judy, but I've got PLENTY more YELLOW scraps. If you need some for your basket, just let me know!

swooze said...

I need to see a snow angel!!

Lin said...

What a cute little snowman! The buttons and spools look great now. xx

Barb said...

we had the S word on friday too! how cute is that little snowman. I hope you saw the moon. I appreciated it several times.
cute spool and button quilt!

sue s said...

I love the snowman! We're having a few (f)lurries today but it won't be enough for a snowman as cute as yours! I do love the HST block and may have to do something similar....

Cathy said...

Thanks for the snowman smile!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I don't want to have to think about snow. But your snowman is pretty cute! Looking forward to seeing your HST blocks all finished. That is going to be ne scrappy quilt.

Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Edith said...

I like the umbrellas in your yellow crumb block, gives it good variety.