Friday 9 October 2020

Some Red, Some Yellow, Some Done

It is Friday and I have the day off. So, I sew to catch up a little. 

I had a red project that needed to be finished. And it is!
Side A
Don't you love that red tractor. I do! 

The practice FMQ didn't go so well on this one. I have lots on my mind lately and it shows. 
Side B (Wonder how many of you won't know what side A / side B stands for?)

Anywho! Red scrap basket. Checked. 

Look how full it already is! 
Fits right in with the other overflowing baskets. I have to sew faster. :^)




Then, I grabbed the yellow scraps and had a little sewing session.

Button blocks ... done. Spool block ... done. 

So love this bee fabric. 
Had enough to add some to the spool block too. Yay! 


And some more HSTs ... of course. 


In Canada, it is our Thanksgiving long weekend. I plan to sew. Surprised?

Enjoy! 

;^)

Joining my friends
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts 
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework 
Tish at Tish's Adventures in Wonderland for UFO's Busting






20 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love your overflowing scrap baskets! Don't we all need to sew faster, lol?! The yellow buttons and spool are cute as can be. Happy Thanksgiving!

Quilting Babcia said...

Happy Thanksgiving and may you have all the sewing hours you desire!

Astrid said...

Love your scrap baskets! Such great idea. Very cute yellow blocks too. Happy Thanksgiving!

kiwikid said...

Wonderful scrap basket. Great yellow blocks. Enjoy your long weekend. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Lin said...

Your baskets look great all in a row. Nice yellows - enjoy your stitchy weekend. xx

Marly said...

Lovely red basket to join the others, and overflowing already (they always are!) In like your button blocks and am looking forward to seeing what they become.

karenbbsnow said...

Happy Thanksgiving from one Canadian to another :) I'll be sewing as much as possible too. Love all your fun colourful projects.

MissPat said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy your extra sew time. Placemats are a good way to practice free motion quilting. Have a great long weekend.
Pat

Deb A said...

Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the sewing weekend. That bee fabric is darling.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'd love to know the specifics of your basket panel and finished size, Chantal. (Your baskets appear tall and narrow.) Congrats on catching up on red, along with making a good start on YELLOW for the RSC!!

Jenny said...

Pretty spools and buttons, I'm doing spool blocks too. And your fabric baskets look great, I really should make something like that to corral all the bits and pieces, so much nicer than plastic bags!

Cathy said...

I really like those Button blocks. They are unusual.
Cute baskets and Happy Thanksgiving!

Fiona said...

yay for a new basket... I love that your scrap baskets are already overfloweing with scraps... spool and button blocks look wonderful too... have a wonderful weekend sewing....
Hugz

grammajudyb said...

I love that so many of us are making scrap baskets and everyone has a bit of a different technique and they are all fabulous! I’m really fond of your button blocks, too!

Janis said...

Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you have a fun weekend sewing. The bee fabric is really cute, as are your button and spool blocks. Making a sewing notions quilt?

gayle said...

Happy Thanksgiving and well done you! Enjoy your sewing!
(And that bee fabric really is adorable!)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving to you! You are really going to need a LONG weekend to get caught up on those scraps :)

Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Turid said...

I love your scrap bags. Great project to practice fmq on. And no, I don't know side A and B.

Bonnie said...

Love your colored basket.... I'm just starting to make mine, ie I only have red! Hope I have as good looking baskets as yours.