Saturday 17 July 2021

Plums and Lilac

The RSC colour of the month is blue but since I have all the blue tulips I need for my quilt and since I didn't have a chance to sew the purple tulips last month, I played with purple this week.

Hopefully, these pictures will look purple on your monitor. It's not easy to photograph purple.  

This was the hardest one to photograph. The left side looked black in most pictures. It is very dark like eggplant purple. 

This is the lilac one. I couldn't do any better than that, sorry. 

This one is a surprise. I forgot I had this gorgeous fabric (on the left) from gifted bags a while back. So this one is half lilac half plum. I love it. 

And of course, some tiny Shoo Fly blocks. 



The blue scrap basket is beside my cutting table, like a baseball player waiting on the bench, hoping for some action. Maybe this weekend. 

That's it for now. 

Well, okay. Just one more picture, just because he's so cute. Raven is 6 months old. 


Take care everyone. 

;^) 

Joining
Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework
Denise at For the Love of Geese
Pat at Life in a Scrapatch






18 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

Your blocks are lovely and Raven is gorgeous!

Ivani said...

Beautiful blocks, and Raven is so cute ♥

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Purple is definitely hard to photograph, but I think you did a great job with it. Your tulips are so pretty!

Quilter Kathy said...

Gorgeous purple tulip blocks!

Quilting Babcia said...

Raven is gorgeous and so are your purple tulips!

Maggie said...

Beautiful blocks and Raven is the perfect bcolour for this months challenge.

grammajudyb said...

I think you did a great job getting photos of your beautiful purple tulips! Don’t ya love how those scrap baskets just sit there waiting! Taunting, almost!
Raven is perfectly named!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice job on catching up with your purple blocks, Chantal! I had to laugh when I saw your overflowing Dark BLUE basket. Mine looked the same before I stuffed it in the box for the duration of my studio overhaul!

Fiona said...

Lovely purple blocks... hope that huge bag of blues gets a bit of a play this weekend...
Hugz

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Those are such pretty blocks and love the purple fabrics that you used. Hope that blue bag of goodness gets some time at the machine this week. Happy quilting.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Good job with the purple blocks. Really it isn't a race and as long as you are having a fun and making progress, who cares??? I did chuckle over your scrap bag of blues and the reference to the baseball player on the bench! I hope it all works out for you the way you envision!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Adorable Raven! It's always a good time to make purple blocks, especially your lovely tulips. Good luck finding time for the blue scraps.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

So glad to see I am not the only one still sewing with my purple scraps. Thanks for linking your lovely blocks up with Oh Scrap!

gayle said...

Raven is a cutie!
Love all those pretty pretty purples, even if they are hard to photograph!

Lin said...

Nice purple blocks. That blue scrap bag looks like it has plenty of choice! xx

Cathy said...

LOVE those tulips…. And Raven! 😻 So cute! That blue scrap bucket is giving me chills - it’s what mine looked like at the beginning of the month!

Scrapatches said...

Raven is adorable and picture perfect. I like the purple blocks, especially with the gray background prints. For some reason I cannot recall ever putting gray with purple and I am wondering why. It might be in part that I am not much of a purple person. It looks really nice together. My quilty muse is pondering this. Thank you for inspiring and linking up ... :) Pat

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Magnifiques tulipes, et moi aussi j'adore ce tissu lilas ! Pas faciles à prendre en photo, en tout cas tes blocs rendent super bien.
Merci pour le partage de liens 😉