Saturday 24 July 2021

Rotary Cutter Workout

Obviously, with a title like that, you probably deduced that I didn't sew much this week and you are right.



Friends give me bags of scraps every now and again. I don't always have time to put all the scraps away. They end up in corners or on any flat surfaces including the floor. It's time to get rid of all those bags. 

I made such a mess!

So I ironed and cut, and ironed and cut most of the week. I did empty a few bags already but there's still more to do. It's tedious but I know after it will be so much easier to use those scraps. 🙄

😶


😏   Actually, the real reason I'm going through bags of scraps is that I am hunting for black fabrics. 😝 I want to work on Shoreline some more. All I have found so far is solid black and a little piece of black leaf. Cute but not enough. 


Also found some lovely reds that I can use in Shoreline. Absolutely love the one on the left. 




I found the bonus HSTs from the car seat mat I made for a friend. Since my kitchen is grey and yellow, maybe I could do something with these for the table. 


Anywho! This isn't the black I need, so I went shopping. 



Also bought some neutral because I always run out of those and they were on sale. I got half yards of some white and cream too. On my way back home, I had to stop at the thrift store. 

I mean what's a trip in town if you don't stop at the thrift store? 

And I got the best thing EVER! Look! 

A one-thousand pieces puzzle of lovely quilts made by the one and only Bonnie K. Hunter. AWEsome!! It was dirt-cheap too. Yay me! 

Anywho! I did make some masks this week, and more are to come.  We are slowly going back to "normal" and back to the office in late August, so I will need more masks as I don't want to have the same one all day long. 

This morning, I did manage to finish the navy blue block for RSC. 


Yep! Still sewing HSTs. Haha! 


Have a great day everyone! 

;^)

Joining
Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework
Denise at For the Love of Geese
Pat at Life in a Scrapatch





11 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks like you've found some goodies in that scrap bag! How fun to find a quilt themed puzzle at the thrift store, too. I always love seeing your HST blocks - they're pretty in every color!

The Joyful Quilter said...

That's a lovely block for the RSC! It looks like you had a good ramble through the scrap bags, too, Chantal. Happy stitching!

Fiona said...

As you know I love scraps too but sorting and cutting is hard work but necessary for the results! That jigsaw looks great.. what fun
Hugz

Quilting Babcia said...

"We" are avoiding hst's at all costs these days! Having said that you'll notice more than several in my next post, whenever that happens. Seriously, I admire your stick-to-it-iveness when it comes to cutting and organizing all those scraps! You'll have a lovely time this winter sewing with all those neat little bins.

MissPat said...

What great find the Bonnie Hunter jigsaw puzzle was. I'd have jumped on that one, too. I just acquired a bag of scraps from a quilt guild member who's moving to North Carolina. I haven't even looked at them yet, but since I'm sidelined with a strained muscle in my left arm, I won't be working with any time soon.
Pat

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Looks like we're both trying to tame down the scraps this week! You're right, it's tedious but worth it. Good luck!

Lin said...

Must feel good to get those scraps sorted - and a treat of some retail therapy afterwoods. xx

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Eeh ! It looks like there was a lot of fun going on in your quilt room. I love sorting through scraps and imagining the possibilities . Have a great weekend

Edith said...

Wow, so many scraps on that table, what fun and some lovely finds, sounds like your creativity is getting sparked.

SueR said...

I adore scraps, especially when I get them from other people! Such variety! Love that puzzle too. I started building puzzles last Christmas after being away from it for decades. You've picked a doozie!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Bravo pour toutes ces chutes de tissus repassées et coupées, et bien rangées ! Les nouveaux tissus noirs, et ces chutes rouges sont superbes !
Bon amusement avec ce super puzzle !