Friday 25 February 2022

February Table Scraps Challenge.

As you probably know, the colour for February is Aqua/Teal. Those are colours I don't gravitate towards in a fabric shop, so I don't have many. 

I found this cute little lamb which I think was part of a Make-a-Book-panel. (Maybe?) I had already pinned it a while ago but I can't find the post showing it. Anywho! I did some free motion quilting and bound it together. Voilà! All done. 


There's a nice landscape fabric on the back. 




I feel like I'm cheating on this challenge as I haven't really "pieced" my table scraps but ... 🙄😶

When I started putting away the Aqua/Teal scraps, I realized I had a fair amount of scraps. My generous friends really like those colours. So, I sat down and started sewing. 

Well, what do I know? I had enough to make a placemat. Yay! 


The triangle and square are more in line than on the red placemat. I believe I'm getting the hang of this. 

I used a long piece of fabric for the back. It must have been nearly 2 meters long but only 15 cm wide. A few seams and the back is done. 





Joining Joy for Table Scraps Challenge. Thanks, Joy. Without your challenge, I wouldn't have this beautiful placemat. 

Have a great weekend everyone. 

;^)

Joining 






7 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

TWO projects this month?! That's a cute UFO finish and an awesome improv placemat in AQUA/TEAL, too, Chantal!!!

Quilting Babcia said...

That is a lovely placemat, especially that great backing fabric! Always so nice when the back is as pretty as the front.

Fiona said...

love the teal makes.... the placemat especially. I love teal but have very little of it in the scraps too...

Hugz

Lin said...

The placemat looks great. xx

Quilts & Comforter Mum said...

Lovely Aqua Teal combination on the placemat.

Vicki in MN said...

I really like your teal placemat.

Karen's Korner said...

Well done on the aqua/teal placemat.