Saturday 19 February 2022

Some Sewing, Some Snowing

We are sieged by flakes. Lots and lots of snowflakes.
Pictures to the patio door
 
I understand why there's more snow on the knobs but I don't understand why there's a "wave" on the handle? 



Shoveled a foot of snow and fed the birds. They were very happy to finally have something easily accessible to eat. 



In the sewing room, I am sieged by Aqua.  

I don't know the name of this block. Anyone knows? 


Jericho Wall 


Scrap Jar Star 


Star Bloom 


Lots and lots of fun ... 

And HSTs too 


Oh, and this one too. Another one I don't know the name of. 



Haha! No, no, I haven't started another project. This one is to be "kitted". I was looking for something to use up the multicoloured scraps and darker fabrics that I have so much of. I believe this one fits the bill. As I cut for the RSC every month, I'll cut pieces for this one too. The navy 9-patch is the constant. I think it will work. 

Ever seen a black cat trying to hide in the snow to chase birds? He's so much fun to watch. 

That's all for now. 
In Canada, we have a long weekend, so to my fellow Canadians, enjoy the extra day off.
Edited: I've learned that my friends below in the U.S also have a long weekend. Enjoy it, gang! 

Have a great one, everyone. 

;^) 

Joining 
Frédérique for Patchwork and Quilts
Cynthia for Oh Scraps


 





19 comments:

Sue said...

I'm loving your Scrap Jar Stars. I think those are in my future. I've loved that pattern for a long time & seeing yours sewed up makes me want some!

MissPat said...

I wouldn't think cats would want anything to do with snow. Guess the bird temptation is too much to ignore. You have a lot of projects underway. Enjoy our extra day off. Monday's a holiday in the US, too, Presidents' Day. Although we keep disavowing all our historic figures, so maybe Presidents' Day will go the way of Columbus Day and morph into something else.
Pat

PaintedThread said...

Wow, you got buried! I like your star bloom blocks (although they're all pretty!).

Maggie said...

Beautiful projects and I just love the way the cat is out in the snow. The birds will spot it a mile away!

Fiona said...

wow, you really are snowed in.... thats a lot.... lovely that the birds can come to your restaurant! lovely sewing... as always I am so impressed with what you find to do with your scraps...
Hugz

Jenny said...

So much snow! And so many pretty blocks, well done!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your snow pictures are fun and creative, Chantal! I love all your pretty aqua blocks, too. The "no name" one is really neat. Looks like there are lots of layout possibilities with that one!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Love seeing the birds amidst the snow! So many great RSC blocks going on in your studio!!!

Sharon Kwilter said...

I'm loving pawing through aqua scraps as well. Your projects are great.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Wow, you got so much done with your pretty aqua scraps! Have a great long weekend!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

C'est encore bien l'hiver au Canada ! Dans le Grand Est de la France, les fleurs commencent à sortir, ça sent bon le printemps ! Tes blocs sont magnifiques, belle variété. J'aime beaucoup celui qui n'a pas de nom, mis ensemble ils forment un nouveau bloc très intéressant.
Merci pour le partage de liens !

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome AQUA/TEAL blocks, Chantal!! I want to know what you have planned for those HSTs. Great idea to do the cutting for your Arrow kit!

Vicki in MN said...

Beautiful teal blocks, I never tire of seeing a scrap jar star block.

Ivani said...

I don't know these blocks names but sure they are pretty and very interisting. All your aqua blocks look beautiful, Chantal.

loulee said...

(((Shiver))) All that snow, a good time to be indoors sewing.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

So many pretty turquoise blocks. I think this color makes some of the prettiest blocks. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

gayle said...

Your 'wave' on the handle made me laugh!
Pretty pretty blocks! I think I'll take my newest blocks and replace the corners ala your Jericho Wall blocks!

Lin said...

Lots of lovely aqua blocks there. We had a black cat at one time - snow was rare so when we did have a deep fall it was fun watching her try to pick here way genteely across it! xx

Sandy Panagos said...

What great projects! I am loving seeing eeryone's teal/aqua blocks. And the snow pics? I'm jealous!