Saturday 26 February 2022

Virtual Travelling or The Last Wave of Aqua

The Joyful Quilter and I researched the name of this block. 


I was able to relocate the original picture that inspired me and we now know the name of it. 


It's called Crossroads to Jericho. I am also sewing a block called Jericho Walls. I think Jericho is calling me. So, I fired up the Google Machine and I was magically transported into another time. Jericho is in the West Bank with the Jordan Valley to the east. The city has a desert feel to it though there are many cars. One almost expects to see camels.  There's Herod's palace within a walking distance of a KFC. Culture shock! Another interesting fact, Jericho has a Russian Museum. (??) Anywho! It was a nice 15 minutes of wasted time in Googleland. Haha.


Let's head back to my sewing room. 
Not much has happened here as I mostly did little (2 inches) HSTs for Spinner and a placemat for the Table Scraps Challenge.

I also did some cleaning up and what usually happens while cleaning has happened yet again. I found another project to distract me. 

Whenever I get bags of scraps from my friends, there's usually a little Ziplock bag of triangles. Anne's generous gift was no exception. I couldn't resist it any longer and opened it. 


What followed was the sewing of 110 HSTs. Then the pressing, and trimming. 

Two piles of triangles weren't selected. The plain yellow as I'm not sure I'll need it, and the black and lime print. I am not convinced it belongs with the others. (I can hear Sesame Street's jingle now.)


Aren't they cute though? 
I know it is called Anne's Quilt but I have no idea where it's taking me. I'm just happily and blindly following its lead. 😊

Some 9-Patch (3.5 inches) were made as leader-enders ... 


... and one last Chaser block in Aqua. 


That's all I have, my friends. Wonder what colour will be called for March. 

Have an awesome week. 

;^)


Joining
Frédérique for Patchwork and Quilts 
Cynthia for Oh Scraps! 




10 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

At least, your "squirrel sewing" included some AQUA/TEAL for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, Chantal!!

marina said...

lovely blocks, your nine patch blocks are so pretty.

Fiona said...

As always I just love what you manage to do with scraps.... Fun to find out the name of the block... I remember the Walls coming down in Jericho in the Bible... I wonder if that block denotes that....
Hugz

Lin said...

I am glad you found the name of that block - and enjoyed your travels. It certainly is an unusual block. I like that block with the HST's xx

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Great to know the name of the block! Oui décidément tu as quelque chose avec Jericho ;) Tous tes blocs sont superbes, bravo, j'aime beaucoup le 9-patch orange et blanc à pois.
Merci pour le partage de liens !

MissPat said...

Anne's Quilt block is tempting, but I will not start another project (even though I have tons of HSTs). No I won't. Snowing again. I want spring.
Pat

gayle said...

Look at you go with all those little triangles! (I've noticed that a lot of squirrels show up as triangles...)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Those scrappy triangles suck us in all the time! You sure turned those into a cute block. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The Crossroads to Jericho block is a neat one, Chantal! I like how each corner connects to the 9 patch. And you are always amazing at using up those little HSTs, too. Fun to see what you've been working on!

Sandy Panagos said...

Not wasted time if you learned something, right? The Anna's Quilt block is really cute.