Friday 16 August 2024

A Week of Mondays!

Most horrible week of my life! It started with me and a co-worker having a little "tiff". It's all good now but the supervisor got involved "because I was mean!" (?) Then, I thought I had lost my job because of a MAJOR mistake I made. I was told I had given the wrong key to the wrong new house buyer! It took 2 days to discover that it wasn't my mistake as the envelope I gave had the name of that new house buyer on it. Whoever put the keys in that envelope is the one to be blamed. But for more than 24 hours, I thought I would be fired!! I was so miserable. I couldn't look my team in the eyes because I was ashamed and thought I'd broken their trust in me. The legal implications of such a "mistake" are astronomical.

Anywho, it is now over and I am SOOOOOOO relieved that I didn't do such a f*ck up! (Excuse my French!) 
This being said and out of the way (and off my shoulders) (man, my shoulders hurt. They were so tight for the last 2 nights.), let's get sewing. Yes, please! 



Orange, please! 

Stained Glass in orange looks so ... juicy. 😂

I took all the SG blocks out to see where I'm at with this project. 

The answer is: not that far. 

What if I look at it from this angle? 

Still short ... very short. And the addition of 2 orange blocks would not make much of a difference. Soooo ... I'll have to continue working on these for longer than one year. That's fine by me. 😊


Raven is trying really hard not to look at the lenses because he knows I will take his picture. He doesn't like to be photographed. I took the picture anyway. Ha! 


DS3 has moved back home. (Yay!) This is what happens when your house is full of guys and you have to go to work all day. 

Yes, this is my long table to cut long strips of fabric. You know, fabric? In his defence, he mentioned that I was not using it. 😒 This weekend, I will set up a workspace in his bedroom because this ... no. 


Meanwhile ...

Mr. Big Fluff (Raven with his usual happy face) continues to ignore me. Sigh. His progress is almost imperceptible. Maybe my expectations are too high. I would like him to be well NOW! He walks more than he did before so I should be happy with that. (Count your blessing, girl.)



Did you really think I would leave you "9 patch-less"? haha. (Yes, I do make them up as I go, lol.) Only two got done this week. The bottom thing is a ... I really cut the point off on the left side of this block. Hmm! Maybe I'll fix it and maybe I won't. 
Come back next week to see the completed Double Halo Star. 😎


Have a great weekend and a Monday-less week, hahaha. 

;^)

Angela at So Scrappy
Frédérique at Patchwork and Quilts
Cynthia for Oh Scrap





16 comments:

MissPat said...

One of the great things about being retired is that Mondays are just another day (another is looking out the window on a snowy day and knowing you don't have to go anywhere). I hope the coming week is smoother than last week.
Pat

Jeanette said...

Your orange blocks look great. I hope next week is a lot better for you.

Cathy said...

Wow, what a week. I’m glad you came out on top and blameless. Your orange sewing is delightful, as always. Aaaand men… but in defense of men who use our work areas for their stuff, I have to confess that my DH asked me not to use his garage work table as a drop-off point for my gardening tools, bug sprays (etc) when I’m too lazy to put them where they belong. The sword cuts both ways!

Lin said...

What a nightmare! Glad it all got sorted out and hopefully next week will be much nicer. The stained glass is going to be gorgeous. xx

Michelle Suzanne said...

Nothing worse than stress at work - and especially get blamed when it wasn’t your fault. Your orange blocks are beautiful and so is your stained glass project. Ha! Yes, DS3 needs his own workspace. Raven is a beauty!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm so sorry you had such a tough week at work, Chantal. That IS hard on the shoulders! Our DS2 moved back home, and took over my whole sewing space, so I got to move, too. Fortunately, I found a good spot that has worked out well. Glad there was some orange sewing therapy in your week!

Sara said...

It does sound like a horrible week of stress. Hope you got plenty of stress relief from those furr babies, and the lovely blocks you made.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Way to turn your week around by heading to the studio. The stained glass blocks look fabulous. Why not continue with them for the 2025 RSC? They deserve to shine.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Quel stress, je suis contente que cette affaire soit terminée et que tu sois "blanchie". Heureusement la couture permet de détendre les épaules et apaiser l'esprit, tes blocs sont beaux, gais et colorés ! Aïe pour ta table de coupe, j'ai le même à la maison (mari), il pose ses outils là où ce n'est pas prévu... 😉

Jenny said...

Upsets at work are not fun at all, and rather distressing. I'm so glad it all worked out in the end, but it certainly was a difficult time for you. Chin up, and carry on stitching.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

I'm so sorry you had such a rough week! I prescribe a little sewing therapy and a shoulder rub from someone kind. The stained glass blocks are worth taking your time on, they are amazing.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a week! Glad the rough parts smoothed out and super glad the week is behind you! I laughed at the table with the boy project on the fabric project materials. It is such a typical photo of what happens when "boys" have access to tools from the girls' stitching tools!

gayle said...

Your stained glass blocks are gorgeous!!
Here's hoping that you have a better week! (Fingers crossed!)

Fiona said...

lovely blocks and I hope you got an apology after that stress!! Where would we be without sewing to calm us down?
Hugz

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Wow, love those SG blocks!!! I'm relieved to read you were proven not guilty. I can imagine your stress and relief!

Astrid said...

I'm so sorry you experienced such nightmare at work. Glad it's over and it wasn't your fault. Nothing better than time in the sewing room. Your SG quilt is coming along nicely. Pretty other blocks too. Big cuddle to Raven. Have a great and creative weekend!