Tuesday 28 February 2017

Only a Few Hours Left: OMG!

Edited to join the March OMG goal setting. But you might have seen this post before. 

The February heat wave has messed up my plans (because I only wanted to be outside and kind of forgot I was supposed to be sewing) but I did finish my OMG with only a few hours to spare. Phew!! 

The goal was to have all the missing blocks of the Westering Women BOM done. 

TA-DAaaaaahhhh!
Sorry for the shadowy indoor photo but it is already too dark for an outside photo-shoot
I wonder if you can imagine how happy I am that it is done? Such a weight off my shoulder.  :^D

The second goal was to have all the blocks for the I-Spy quilt made. 

TA-DAaaaaahhhh!
Eight star blocks and 


eight regular 9-Patch blocks. I was running low on fun fabric for this one so I inserted some flannel. I have as many fun prints in flannel as I do in cotton. It proved to be hazardous as my flannel scraps are up there. 

And everything came tumbling down when I tried to take the box down. Actually, it was kind of fun to have a shower of soft flannel scraps pouring down on me, lol. On the other hand, the box was not as nice! Now I just want to continue to play with the flannel. I should at least get this more organised but my cotton scraps take the entire room and I don't know where else to store the flannel. The bigger pieces are in bins but there's no room in those for the scraps. What's a girl to do? Sew it up! :^D


Anywho!
For my March OMG, what will I do? My intention, last January, was to make the Westering Women in February and finish the quilt in March. But after September, I really need a break from this quilt before I fall out of love. 
Never would have thought that September is a troublemaker. 

So instead, I'll assemble the I-Spy quilt and baste it. That's all. I mean, the weather is nice and I want to be outside so just a little challenge for March. 


Until next time ... breathe in, touch flannel, breathe out, repeat. 

;^)

Joining in the linky party at Elm's Street Quilts.  


10 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Sounds like a very good idea! Your September Westering Women block turned out great, kudos to you for persevering!

Karen said...

I have experienced showers of fabric too.

gayle said...

Woohoo!
I knew you'd kick September's butt!

CecileD said...

Grrr...il faut absolument que je termine mes blocs du WW ! Allez, je vais m'y remettre grâce à toi !

Ellen said...

Your Westering Women blocks look fantastic!. So glad you conquered September!

Lin said...

Nice work - your blocks are looking great. xx

Vicki in MN said...

Congrats on meeting your goal, and yes I do understand the weight is off your shoulders, sigh:)

Fiona said...

oh my gosh, slow down and breathe... I can hear you panting from exhaustion from here!!! haha.... lovely fabrics and watch out for falling boxes!

Hugz

cityquilter grace said...

nice little westering women....i like that all the blocks are different fabrics....i used a cheddar/indigo FQ bundle for mine and they are nice, but colors got boring...

Patty said...

looking forward to seeing the quilt top. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.